FEELING A LITTLE CRAMPED? TIPS TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR LIMITED SPACE
Whether you’re in a house or an apartment, space can be issue. Here are our top design tips to help you maximise the space you live in.
1. BE CREATIVE:
- Consider using out of the ordinary spaces cleverly: storage under stairs, bedrooms in attics, bathrooms in cupboards?!
2. KEEP IT SIMPLE:
- Keep colours soft and neutral
- Don’t use too many different materials
- Keep joinery slim-line
- Don’t over-furnish the space
- Get rid of anything you haven’t used in the last 6 months: Decluttering not only frees up the physical space, and allows you to see it in a new light but it can also be good mental preparation for tackling other activities, too. Clear your space, clear your mind!
- Off the shelf might be cheaper, but if it’s custom made, it will fit the space and your particular needs much better.
NEXT UP, What does it take to be a great Client? Stay tuned for our next Kick-AS blog for tips on how to make the most of your relationship with your Architect…